Banner Claims Motor Theft

If your motor vehicle is stolen, report the theft immediately to the Police and take the following steps to facilitate a speedier settlement:

Ensure that you have the original documents for the Motor Vehicle:

Plus the keys for the motor vehicle

You will also need the Title partially transferred at the Collector of Taxes. Visit the Tax Office with the original Title, and other vehicle documents. Advise the Officer that you wish to effect transfer. You will be instructed on how to proceed.

If certificates of registration and fitness were in the vehicle when it was stolen, make a report to the Police. You will be provided with a document to take to the Collector of Taxes to request substitutes.

Insurers will appoint an investigator and thereafter the process may take from six to eight weeks for settlement.

Speak with a Claims representative!
Speak with Claims